CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Been Gone for A Bit

I know I haven't been posting much. Went through a bit of a bad spell and still on the tail end of it. Back in July of last year I went to a doctor's appointment and he said "that's it Cathie, you can't keep up at this rate. You aren't going back to work" So now when I have my bad days instead of killing myself working 8 hours then trying to do anything to the house I try and gather my strength to get better. Sometimes it takes longer than others.

I thought I'd tell the story about why I say to have a grandmalicious day. My granddaughter was about 3 or 4 and already used to being in the kitchen with me, helping out. She loved to wash the chicken before I put it in the oven and to watch it get golden brown through the window. One day I let her wash the chicken I put it in the oven and she helped check it. She picked just when it was ready to come out of the oven. My husband was working a later shift and she was gone by the time he ate dinner. He called her up to tell her that the chicken she'd "made" was the BEST in the world. She asked to talk to me. When I got on the line she excitedly said. "Grandpa says the chicken is the Best in the world grandma That's ALMOST as good as yours!!" I answered "almost?" and she said " yes grandma you make everything grandmalicious, when I'm with you I have a grandmalicious day!" So now I wish you a grandmalicious day, full of good things and people you love.

Have a grandmalicious day!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an absolutely awesome story! Kids are wonderful and they definitely help brighten ones day!